Last week, DVN presented an overview of the Intelligent Automotive Lighting congress which was held at Frankfurt. Our full in-depth report is now available for DVN Gold members at www.DrivingVisionNews.com. Over 40 pages, we explain, evaluate, and share our comments on the main topics presented at this congress:
– General information on trends and influencing factors.
– Strong links between lighting, safety and styling.
– Developments in LEDs for Daytime Running Lights.
– Pedestrian detection and tracking, a most crucial technology to decrease fatalities.
– Adaptive lighting with progress in high beam assistance.
Although the number of outstanding contributions was not at the level of ISAL or VISION congresses, Driving Vision News has selected and summarized the nine most interesting papers, with expert’s feedback for each of them:
– Frost & Sullivan on the trend of Xenon/LED and opportunities in the emerging markets
– Daytime LED lighting
– University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg
– KEMA on outlook of international regulation
– BMW and Honda on pedestrian detection
– Hella on automotive interior lighting
– Lumitec on Electroluminescent lighting
– TNO on OLED development and future
At the end of the most important presentations, we present an interview of the speaker.
At the end of the report, the chairman Alexander Von Hoffmann, presents the congress and his expectations for next year’s IALC.