The DVN Workshop took place on the last day of January and first day of February, with 350 attendees at the marvellous Paris Hyatt Regency hotel.
Main themes were:
- Safety everywhere
- Software; sensor integration and fusion; OTA updates—all keys for new business
- Regulations and standards: ECE; SAE; Chinese GB—different states of readiness to accommodate advances like communication with signalling; communicating by-and-with autonomously-driving L3 (and above) cars
- Sustainibility; energy consumption; lightweighting; materials; recyclability—environmental protection is everyone’s responsibility, and increasingly it is demanded by buyers
- Styling: “Lighting is the new chrome” isn’t just a slogan, it is reality!
- Digital front ends: complexly-lit grilleboards replacing radiator grilles
- Exterior displays more generally around the car
In this report, we present all six sessions’ lectures; an overview of the startup session, the awards ceremony; the exhibitions booths, and a great many pictures.