After more than 7 months of relentless work, DVN is proud to present the world’s first de luxe coffee table book about automotive lighting, in celebration of 2015—the Year of Light, as declared by UNESCO. If you haven’t already, see our online presentation and place your order for Lighting, the Soul of Car Design. There, you’ll get a glimpse of the appearance and content of this elegant, hardcover, limited-edition 224-page showcase of the past, present, and predictions of automotive lighting technologies and presentation of important industry members.
This grand book is designed to give you an informative, engaging reading experience, to promote lighting at the highest decision making levels in the automotive industry, and to attract the brightest young minds from all areas of the world to careers in the lighting field. Don’t miss your opportunity to acquire this exceptional publication, quite unique in the automotive lighting field.
I want to convey my heartfelt gratitude to all those who helped make the book possible, including:
• Salomon Berner for helping me day after day, even 7 days per week,
• DVN General Editor Daniel Stern for his completing, editing, and polishing the text,
• DVN consultant Ralf Shäfer for his suggestions and assistance in finalising the text,
• Jean-Paul Charret, Benoist Fleury, and Jean-Paul Ravier for their enormously valuable advice and their commitment to making this book a touchstone for the automotive lighting industry,
• Michael Hamm for his creative suggestions in the prologue,
• Jean Perriere for his help as professional publisher,
• Bill Pusztai for his fine-art photography,
• Laurent Bardet for his classy designwork,
• Wolfgang Huhn, Christian Amann, Michael Larsen, Gunnar Koether, Uwe Kostanzer, Ingolf Schneider, Rainer Neumann, Geoff Draper, Prof. Khahn, John Bullough, and Michael Flannagan for their thoughtful interviews,
• Stephan Berlitz, Ernst Olaf Rosenhahn, Johannes Geywitz-Senn, Steffen Pietzonka, and many others who delivered a huge number of pictures.
The book could not have come to fruition without the active participation of Audi, BMW, Ford, Daimler-Benz, Opel, Renault, Seat, and Volkswagen; Automotive Lighting, Hella, Koito, Hyundai Mobis, SL, Valeo, and Varroc; Osram, Philips, Astron-Fiamm; Docter Optics, DBM Reflex, AML Systems, Enmech, Optis, Mentor Graphics, Bayer MS, GXC Coatings, and LMT.
DVN Editor in Chief