175 attendees followed lectures, panel discussions and round tables
The arrival of laser and OLED technologies, the improved lighting performances and the intelligent lighting achieved by cameras brings safety to the night drivings.
The possibilities of simulation give engineers new ways to develop more projects, helping to solve the increasing engineering workload. All of these technologies have to be integrated in the regulations, different from UN to SAE.
All these points have been presented at the DVN US workshop under the rubric "How New Technology Will Enhance Driver Vision".
What do we retain of this workshop one week later:
- First the lectures of Philips and Astron-Fiamm about OLED and the lecture of Osram about laser beam, the technologies of the future.
- The lecture of Rainer Neumann completed by Stephan Berlitz about adaptive driving beam and the interesting video of this function achieved without actuators.
- The lecture of John Orisich presenting the LED high beam from light guides which offer a large range of styling offers.
- The interesting lecture of Alexander Von Hoffmann and his panel session on simulations and their huge possibilities in the future.
|Brandenburg, Dorissen, Evrard, Von Hoffmann, Schneider,|
- Last but not least the regulations: Bart Terburg talked about the international harmonisation activities related to lighting regulation followed by a panel session led by Geoff Draper, gathering the regulation representative, OEMs, universities, GRE, GTB US delegation, SAE, USA supplier trade association, and NHTSA.