One year ago exactly, DVN Editor in Chief Hector Fratty sent all the finalised documents to the designer to make DVN's first book, "Lighting: the Soul of Car Design", which was released one month later.
As most of us in the vehicle lighting world know, it's an artful, elegant, big hardbound book with 224 pages and numerous sparkling photographs showcasing the past, present, and predictions in automotive lighting technologies and presenting important players in this field.
The book was designed to bring the reader a pleasant, informative reading experience, of course, but also to promote lighting at the highest decision-making levels, and to attract the brightest young career-orientated minds from all over the world. Herewith some of the feedback we've had from all over the world:
- "This book shows the vehicle lighting world in a unique and wonderful way I am happy to support."
- "This first 'art book' about lighting presents not only the technological revolution that is on going, but it also reveals how lighting is an essential part of a vehicle's personality."
- "What a great description and statement in your new book. There is only one better job: watching, analysing, reporting, appreciating, and enjoying what and how other people are doing a fascinating job. Indeed fascinating! Congratulations."
- "When you first showed [the book] to me, I was seduced by the selection and quality of the images. Now I've read it well, the quality of the text makes this a complete treatment of [vehicle] lighting worth congratulations!"
- "Thank you very much for your hard work in putting this beautiful piece of art together. My 4-year-old son had bookmarked a page to show me when I returned from a business trip. Who knows, maybe this book will inspire a fourth generation to work in the lighting business in my family. We will treasure this book for years to come."