Impact of a Changing Automotive Industry on Exterior Lighting
Identify Your Success Factors for the Next Decade.
The last 10 years have highlighted the fantastic advances in lighting technology and the great possibilities in the next 10 years in terms of new technologies and new autonomous functions, especially in the area of communication with vulnerable road users (VRU’s) and infrastructure.
We have a picture of the future for the next 5 years with ADB/GFHB, matrix/pixel light, and so on, but will it all become true in this time frame and what will be the applications, segments and regions for market penetration? What about the view in the time frame 5 to15 years down the road for vehicles coming to birth? For market launches in this period uncertainty is prevailing regarding the lighting technologies that will be chosen: LED, Laser, LCD, DMD, MEMS, micro AFS, LCOS, OLED, Hologramsetc… maybe something not yet on the screen… certainly a mix, but which mix?
There’s also uncertainty about the arrival time of new functions related to semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles. These uncertainties make it difficult to choose the corresponding investments in development, production, and human resources. The digitalisation of lighting will also offer many opportunities in defining new applications, new business models and new partnerships. Especially future revenue potential by digital business will be a driver for this area.
For this reason, DVN has launched a major study involving the VIPs of OEMs, set makers, light source suppliers, universities and institutes. DVN expect this study will be of interest to OEM’s, T1’s, T2’s, and other stakeholders in the vehicle lighting and driver vision fields. It should help them identify their success factors for the next decade.
The Study is titled:
“IMPACT OF A CHANGING AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY ON EXTERIOR LIGHTING
Identify your Success Factors For the Next Decade“
To bring this study together, DVN have been working in four directions:
• Face-to-face interviews with key people round the world representing industry, universities, institutes,
regulators, and other relevant experts. Among them:
– OEMs: Audi, BMW, FCA, Ford, GM, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Opel, PSA, Renault, SAIC-VW, Tesla.
– Lighting suppliers: AL, Hella, , Koito, Mobis, , SKoito, Valeo, Varroc, ZKW, Lumileds, Osram.
– Universities and Organisations: RWTH Aachen, TU Darmstadt, Fraunhofer IOF, Fudan University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute/LRC, GTB, CIE, RDW, Franchiser IOF Jena, and Automotive Design GranStudio.
• Organisation of panel and roundtable discussions in different regions of the world.
• Literature review.
• Meetings between six veterans in the Automotive Lighting field with each more than 30 years of experience: Hector Fratty, Ralf Schaefer, Leo Metzemaekers, Jean-Paul Charret, Jean-Paul Ravier,Daniel Stern.
Content of DVN GlobalMarket Study on Automotive Lighting
For ordering or more information For Online Buying, click Here
(Visa or Mastercard Payment)
Contact Salomon Berner – Driving Vision News
Phone: +33 607 64 05 02