Good News: around 60 percent of the 2500 people surveyed by Innofact on behalf of Bosch in Germany, France, Italy, and the U.K. are unable to imagine living without a car altogether. A clear majority of the remaining 40 percent are only prepared to leave their car behind some of the time. And results are not significantly different between countries, between urban and rural settings, or between younger and older people, or between combustion-engine and electric-motor powertrains. People just want to be mobile on their own terms and schedules, in a safe, clean, and affordable environment.
The in-car environment, then, must mirror the one at home and in the office: a place where the people are comfortable, they have full connectivity, and where they don’t feel annoyed, deprived, or constrained. That’s where the configuration, engineering, and design of car interiors plays an important role—more and more so as new use cases, technologies, companies, and business models come onstream, as we present here in DVN-I.
This edition brings news of a proposed EV off-roader, new work on interior aromas’ effects on emotion and memory formation, home comfort on wheels, guilt-free sustainable materials, vigilance-supporting technology, and limo-as-office.
DVN Interior brings you all the relevant news, views, and analysis to enable you to make the right recipe for attractive car interiors in the context of a sustainable future for mobility. If you’re not yet a member, come join us! We eagerly welcome you to the rapidly-growing DVN Interior community.
Important to notice, DVN just released an extensive “New Lighting Functions 2020-2030 Study, including a significant section on Interior Lighting. It gives in 125 pages, the best-informed view on development and market introduction of new vehicle lighting functions and technologies in the coming decade. More here.