Vehicle lighting symposia have a long tradition at the Technische Universität Darmstadt, starting in 1995. Since then, over two decades have passed and the location of the event has been changed to the grand "Darmstadtium" science and congress center.
There were over 800 experts at ISAL 2015, and this year's event will surely be packed with even more international designers, engineers, scientists and decision makers. Topics on the docket include:
• Lighting for purely electric vehicles: new front and rear lighting technologies, interior lighting, energy efficiency
• Autonomous driving: V2x communication, visual light communication, lighting design, and new lighting functions
• LED, laser, and OLED technology; ADB, DMD, LCD, AFS/ARS, automatic levelling systems, and other light source and optical techniques
• Driver Assistance Systems: communication with modulated visual light-IR systems, sensor signal fusion, camera technology, and HMI
• Interior Lighting: light sources LED/OLED, colour mixtures RGB-W, colour rendering, design and function
• Regulations, directives and standards
• Visual performance of drivers: detection sensitivity and glare factors, detection of traffic signs, driving experience/age of driver
The ISAL steering committee meetings have been ongoing in Darmstadt with the 20 members around a table talking with passion and love on the different abstracts to select the best lectures, from around 135 abstracts received. These oral lectures were selected with a good balance amongst companies, countries and universities. A great effort will be made with the 20 selected posters so they're most likely to be seen and appreciated.