Since April 2015, Lumileds are a stand-alone company within the Philips group. The creation of this company results from the strategic combination of the Philips Lumileds and Philips Automotive Lighting businesses. The company will be owned at an 80.1% by a consortium led by GO Scale Capital while Philips will retain the remaining 19.9% interest and will operate fiscally and legally as an independent entity of Philips when the deal will close in the next few months—assuming regulatory approval comes through, which is presently in some doubt. Until the deal closes, Lumileds will remain 100% owned by Philips. Headquartered in The Netherlands and with an annual revenue of over $2bn, Lumileds are a global company with over 8,500 employees and offices and operations in 32 countries.
As a big-2 global leader in light source technology, Lumileds develop, make, and distribute innovative LEDs and automotive lighting products to help customers gain and maintain a competitive edge. The company operate under the leadership of CEO Pierre-Yves Lesaicherre. The following people from his management team have a connection with the Automotive Business:
• Pascal Popis: Senior VP of Sales and Marketing in EMEA and Americas;
• Klemens Brunner: Senior VP of Sales and Marketing in Asia-Pacific;
• Jy Bhardwaj: Senior VP and CTO;
• Ajay Marathe, Senior VP and COO of LEDs;
• Mircea Buzgar, Senior VP of Automotive Lamps;
• Alexander Kirk, VP of Automotive LEDs