This year, the fair was held purely virtually from November 9 to 12. The exhibitors and visitors had the opportunity to meet despite travel restrictions and to exchange information about new products and innovative solutions in the field of electronics. .
Live contacts between exhibitors and visitors via text and video chat were used intensively.
The Electronica Virtual included the Electronica Automotive Conference (eAC), the Embedded Platform Conference (eEPC) and the Medical Electronics Conference (eMEC)
eAC was the platform where the automotive industry’s experts and decision-makers from Germany and abroad could gather information and exchange ideas about significant technology trends and strategies in the international automotive industry.
The focus in 2020 was on the topics:
- Technologies and solutions for high(er) voltages in vehicles
- Connectivity, Cloud, Security
- ADAS / Autonomous Driving
- Interior Lighting and Electronics
Carsten Befelein from DVN and DVN-I contributes to the electronica Automotive Conference with a lecture about “Vision of Future Car Interior Lighting”.
The summary of his lecture was as follows:
- Future interior lighting will be driven by safety, communication, comfort, styling, welcome and farewell scenarios, personalization, individualization, brand identification, new use cases and lighting functions and technologies
- Interior lighting will become more smart, complex, multifunctional and orchestrated with matching interior functions
- Lighting functions will increase. AVs with new use cases will become accelerators
- Software and electronics will become the key factors for the future interior lighting
- Carmakers will define their own specific orchestration of interior lighting
- Suppliers need competence in software and electronics to deliver complete solutions
- The pandemic will produce a temporary lack of innovations and development activities also for interior lighting – the global dependencies and cooperations need to be checked and revised
- After the pandemic there is a good chance for a continuation of the positive market development of interior lighting. Light will become the new Chrome.
- Interior lighting is still almost unregulated. This may change, if new lighting functions for new use cases will become safety relevant. Therefore, GTB is considering a new Working Group for interior lighting
You get more more information in the DVN Study 2020