Valeo have received the 2020 Road Safety Innovation Award in the “Preventing the consequences of an accident” category, for their Valeo Rescuer™ product. As from 2018, all new vehicle platforms approved for sale in Europe must be fitted with an integrated automatic eCall (emergency call) system that instantly connects the vehicle with emergency services in the event of an accident.
Valeo invented Valeo Rescuer, the first eCall system to comply with European standards, applicable for vehicles already on the road. The product
- automatically and autonomously detects accidents, thanks to its accelerometer and gyroscope;
- geolocates the vehicle, thanks to its GPS;
- transmits key data to identify and locate the vehicle, via its GSM card;
- puts the driver (or a person on board) in contact with a 24/7 support platform, by voice and in their own language (using an integrated microphone and speaker), and
- calls out an emergency response team in under 95 seconds if necessary.
Every second counts when vehicles are involved in accidents, and reducing the emergency response time is vital. The challenge is therefore to offer essential security assistance to as many people as possible in the simplest way. Valeo Rescuer is very user-friendly. By simply plugging it into the vehicle’s 12V socket, a user can activate their subscription to a support service through a dedicated Valeo mobile application. It will come on sale within a few months.