Firstly: DVN community members and readers, I wish you and your loved ones a grand and prosperous new year. I wish you great creativity to propel new kinds of lighting to the top of automotive innovations.
I also wish a great new year to friends around the world who are working for Driving Vision News, and have made a wonderful job of it this year, even despite the troubles.
• In France: Salomon Berner and Philippe Aumont, Carine in marketing, Noam and Sarah Ouaknine who manage the DVN website, Jean-Paul Ravier for his endless expertise, Eve Taberna for document design, and Robert Sitbon for pictures and the videos;
• In Germany: Carstein Befelein, Ralf Schäfer, and Leo Metzemaekers
• In US and Canada: Daniel Stern;
• In Korea: B.Y.Chung;
• In Japan: Eiichi Ono and Takashi Sato;
• In China: Ann Ai
• Engineers, designers, practitioners, and executives at automakers, lighting companies and suppliers, regulatory agencies, universities, and research outfits who help the ongoing DVN project with information and viewpoints.
The reason why DVN exists is to support and boost the vehicle lighting community. The increasing number of Gold and Platinium member companies—160 of you as of today—and the over 1,200 individual Gold members, and the 2,500+ interested readers show that our work is having a beneficial effect; there is great interest in networking and sharing perspectives and technical information.
Don’t forget, the next DVN Workshop will be in Shanghai on 20-21 April. We’re putting together an excellent roster of speakers and docket of presentations to show and describe the enormous progress being made by the vehicle lighting industry, even in these difficult times. For more information, contact Salomon Berner.
Again, the DVN team and I wish you a happy and healthy New Year. See you in ’21!