• 16th DVN Workshop Symposium
• Munich, Germany, 30-31 January 2018
• Hilton Munich Airport Hotel.
The DVN Munich Workshop was equal parts symposium and celebration, the occasion being the 10th anniversary of Driving Vision News. More than 330 attendees—a full-capacity crowd—were present at this 16th DVN Workshop, including 18 car makers, 23 set makers, and 66 Tier-2s. All in all, over 100 companies, universities, and organisations were represented. And there was a high diversity of speakers from China, Germany, Japan, France, Korea, the Netherlands, America, Czechia, and Spain. There were 24 exhibition booths where companies from all over the world displayed their products, innovations, and capabilities. Exhibiting for the first time at a DVN Workshop were Myotek, the US-based OE supplier of high-technology, high-performance LED fog lamps and specialty lighting.
- The 125th Munich DVN report contains full reportage of the DVN Munich Workshop held on 30–31 January. It was an especially celebratory event, being the 16th DVN Workshop and the 10th anniversary of DVN.
The Workshop included 31 lectures from automakers, lamp setmakers, component suppliers, service providers, technical-standards developers, and academics. Each lecture is summarised and annotated with our comments and reactions. A précis and commentary are also provided for the panel discussion.
- Each of the eight demonstrator cars, seven DVN award recipients, and 13 expo booths is pictured and described, and there are photos of the exellent networking opportunities (and excellent food!) characteristic of DVN Workshops, wherever they are held. All in all, there are over 137 pictures and 14,000 words here. It’s a pity if you could not attend, but in this report you are about to get the next-best thing. We hope you get at least as much out of it as we of the DVN team have put into it.